Episode 101 with Shannon Elliott living a Spiritual Life as a Yogi
As a yoga instructor and owner, Shannon has nurtured Onyx’s growth alongside her own. Shannon teaches both traditional and Kundalini yoga classes placing a keen focus on pranayama, movement, subtle body alignment, and meditation. Her classes are a safe space where students are cared for and strengthened inside. She has the ability to make students feel as if she is speaking directly to them without drawing individual attention to the person.
Shannon invites people to experience themselves and deepen their exploration of what they believe possible. Her gift to others is to pass on the Teachings from those who have done the same for her. No matter the audience the Philosophy is spoken to be accessible to everyone and all environments/circumstances.
Her classes are a blend of traditional text study including the Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita, and Krishna’s many past times and leelas. She incorporates chanting, gong playing, inner exploration, and bhakti love into her classes. Embodying each moment, delving deeper into your own experience, that is the gift of Yoga, one which Shannon lives to share with others.
She is grateful to all her teachers, past- present- and future. And will be forever connected to her Guru, Swami Satchidnanda, who has given her the spiritual name “Malati.”
Here’s what you’ll learn during today’s conversation:
- What it was like to study with Swami Satchidnanada and her experience at Yogaville
- Teaching based on the traditions of yoga and based in lineage
- What is yoga and how yoga provides you with the framework to live a balanced life
- How to go deeper in your yoga practice and develop a home practice
- That practicing yoga is not about going away from your problems, but rather to discover your true self
- How to develop a morning practice to connect closer to the divine
- What Kundalini yoga is
- How yoga is going back to its roots with full-packaged yoga classes
- How to follow the teachings of yoga and how to apply them to modern life without being New Age
The Circle of Life
Reveal the “big picture” of your true dreams – and pave the road for a real, personalized action plan
I am a Board Certified Life Coach, a Board Certified Health Coach, and a teacher of Mindfulness Living who helps people unlock their potential and live life on Purpose