Have you ever been acquainted with someone who has low confidence? How does this person come across to you? Do they always seem to carry the weight of the world on their shoulders? Did you ever observe this person speaking negatively about their personal life or gossip about the misfortune of others? What about seeming jealous of other people’s success in life?
They make it seem like all of their problems and failures are on the fault of others, as if the world owes them something, and that life is unfair or out to get them. A person who lacks confidence has a lack of self-belief, usually caused by a sense of uncertainty about something or about themselves.
People with low self-esteem tend to see the world as a hostile place and themselves as its victim. As a result, they are reluctant to express and assert themselves. They often miss out on experiences and opportunities and feel powerless to change things. This effectively lowers their self-esteem and further pushes them into a downward spiral.
As Mindful People Living A Spiritual Life In The Material World, How Do We Become Both Spiritually And Materially Successful? How Do We Realize Work Life, Spiritual Life, And Personal Life Success?
Part of the practice to becoming successful in all areas of life, is to develop habits that lead us to becoming a more confident person, to unearth our own truth, keep to our own distinctive path, and to take responsibility for our lives. We must become confident and carry the knowledge that we are powerful beings capable of overcoming any obstacle, we can face any challenge, and we are able to achieve unlimited levels of success and lasting happiness.
The questions are, “how do we become more confident?” and “how do we develop faith in ourselves to no longer blame others for our struggles in life?” We must learn to take charge of who we are and set out to live our Dharma, our truth. Nobody is born with limitless self-confidence. If someone seems to have incredible self-confidence, it is because he or she has worked on building it for years. Self-confidence is something that you learn to build up because the challenging world of business, and life in general, can deflate it.
Confidence can be explained as an individuals’ certitude to succeed and inherit conviction in his or her abilities to face any challenge head-on. Self-confidence means being assured in your own worth, ability, and power, regardless of the situation you are in. Someone who is self-confident has a strong sense of self-belief and certainty in him or herself. He or she exudes calmness, composure, and is self-aware in their abilities. In order to become self-confident we must embrace who we are at this very moment.
7 Steps To Help You Be More Confident
- Visualize yourself as who you want to be each morning before you start the day.
- Affirm yourself with daily affirmations.
- Do one thing that scares you every day.
- Question your inner critic through the daily practice of mindfulness mediation.
- Set yourself up to win by asking others for help.
- Help someone else achieve his or her goal.
- Care for yourself and take time out of your day to reset and care for your personal needs.
Your level of self-confidence can surface in multiple ways: your behavior, your body language, how you speak, and what you say. Fundamentally, self-confidence is linked directly to how you feel about yourself and your abilities. Your self-worth, whether it is high, low, or somewhere in-between, has a great impact on your life. Even the greatest leaders lack self-confidence at certain times. Self-confidence is not a static quality; rather, it is a mindset that takes effort to maintain. Self-confidence can be learned, practiced, and mastered just like any other skill. In other words, we must learn to find a deep and profound love for our inner being
Self-confidence is unmistakably an asset in life. Not only does it make you feel better emotionally and mentally, but it also sets you up toward achieving your goals. When you are confident, it helps you fearlessly pursue your goals. It gives you the belief to conquer your challenges, no matter how insurmountable they seem.
Practice These Core Techniques To Strengthen Your Belief System And Improve Your Self-Confidence
- Know Your Weaknesses and Strengths: It is essential to recognize your natural strengths. When you realize your inherent abilities, the next step is to focus on the things that you are good at doing.
- Accept yourself: You are unique spiritual beings. It is important not to beat yourself up over the things that you have trouble doing. Instead of complaining about your weaknesses, try to find ways to improve your life.
- Remember Your Victories: Many people downplay their successes and focus on their struggles in life. Always remind yourself of your past accomplishments no matter how small they may be. Break the habit of focusing on the negative parts of your life and instead concentrate on your achievements.
- Read Positive Affirmations: It is important that you read affirmations that make you feel confident. Read a self-help book and then write down all of the things that motivate you. Read something positive on a daily basis and reflect on what you can do to improve your situation.
- Create S.M.A.R.T Goals: Set achievable goals on a regular basis and then take small steps to accomplish them. Make sure your goals are measurable and monitor your progress. Do not get upset if you are unable to accomplish all of your goals. You can always change your goals so that you can be more successful.
- Be Persistent: Do not give up in achieving your goals in your life. Learn from your mistakes and try to improve on your situation. Do not make excuses on why you should quit or give up. Sometimes it takes a lot of effort to be successful. The key is to keep at it until you get what you want and are able to achieve your goals.
The Circle of Life
Reveal the “big picture” of your true dreams – and pave the road for a real, personalized action plan
I am a Board Certified Life Coach, a Board Certified Health Coach, who helps people unlock their potential and live life on Purpose